View unanswered posts | View active topics
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 am
All times are UTC [ DST ]
Due to enormous amounts of spam, the forum has been set to read-only mode.
|| Page 1 of 1
|| [ 1 post ]
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:52 pm
CATVids v9.20 Released
CATVids version 9.20 is now available for download
. If you already have version 9.10 installed, you can download the update patch
This is a free upgrade to users of version 9.
Changes in version 9.20:
- You can now automatically organize external image files into a folder structure and filename format of your choice based on information in the database. To use this feature, choose 'Auto-Organize Image Files' from the Tools menu.
- The folder and filename setup used by the 'Auto-Organize Image Files' function is also automatically used if you have chosen to link to external image files: When you download images from the Internet, when you paste an image into the image field or drag an image from the web browser, and when you use the 'Extract images' feature. To edit this setting, chooose Tools=>Options, select the Multimedia group, then click the 'Images/Filename setup' button.
- If CATVids is unable to locate external image files because you have moved the files, you can use the new 'Locate Missing Image Files' function available on the Tools menu. This will scan the specified drive/folder and attempt to locate the missing image files.
- Updated the 'Extract images', 'Load external images' and 'Cleanup image folder' functions to support the new features.
- Data Entry: Image: Removed the two separate "Load Image" and "Link to Image" buttons. Instead there is now one button that will use the 'Store images in database/Link to image files" setting (you can now also right-click the image control to change this setting).
- Data Entry: Image: Added Paste and Resize buttons below the field.
- Data Entry: Image: Added a Center property (changeable from the Form Designer). When this is checked, the image is centered within the control (this is now the default behaviour).
- Data Entry: Image: You can now change the background color.
- Data Entry: Use Default Layout: Will now automatically remove fields that are hidden.
- Data Entry: The Clone command is now available on the browse list right-click popup menu.
- Edit Memo: Insert hyperlink: You can now add links to files and folders.
- You can now display the personal rating image in the Video View list.
- When modifying crew role names it is no longer necessary to restart the program for the new field name to be used.
- You can now hide the Loan View and Want List View entries on the View menu, in the view bar, and on the toolbar by deactivating these tables in the 'Database Setup' window.
- Log files now automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Loan: Check Out: Now supports barcode lookup if you have multiple copies with same barcode number.
- Explorer: Home Page: Added the video title field as a search field available from the drop-down list.
- Total Value: If multiple videos are selected in the Video View, only these videos will be included in the calculation.
- Statistics: Added support for GDI+ which provides better anti-aliasing (edge smoothing) based on ClearType technology.
- Import: Now possible to import both video and contents data from the same textfile/Excel worksheet.
- Export: Added a 'Open file' button in all export windows. This will open the last file you exported data to.
- HTML Export: Index based setup: The name of the entry selected in the left pane is now displayed at the top of the list page.
- HTML Export: Index based setup: The height of the top pane is now automatically increased when specifying an export title.
- HTML Export: Removed some space after the list page title.
- HTML Export: All temporary .xsl and .css files are now always deleted when the Export window closes.
- HTML Export: Added a 'External CSS files' option. Activate this to store CSS formatting in external files, and share the same CSS file by all generated html files (one file for each page type: index, overview list, list and detail). If this option is not activated, all CSS formatting is stored in the HTML files.
- HTML Export: Added a 'Create virtual image' property for image fields.
- Import: When importing links to files (file links/image files/audio files/video files), CATVids will now look for the file in the import folder if folder is not specified.
- XML: Memo fields: The unformatted plain text is now always included in the xml data file (for example "<Notes_PlainText>").
- Updated the internal XML engine resulting in better performance.
- FIXED: Password: Problem turning off "Login without password" setting.
- FIXED: Data Entry: Contents Template: Genre field empty second time the template window was opened.
- FIXED: Data entry: Paragraph color sometimes reset when opening the Edit Memo window.
- FIXED: Grid: Not possible to change the 'Create virtual image' column property.
- FIXED: Image: Image filename for image #2-9 incorrect in browse list, reports, etc.
- FIXED: Explorer: Images pasted from a Word document into a memo field would sometimes not display in the explorer.
- FIXED: Search: Problem searching for "#" when using the "Begins with" and "Contains" operators.
- FIXED: Report: Print to File: Problem printing date fields (year only) to Excel file.
- FIXED: HTML Export: Not possible to change the export title of a code based setup.
- FIXED: HTML Export: Problem with upper and lower case characters mixed up in top menu in an index based setup.
- FIXED: Problem resizing left pane in import/export windows.
- FIXED: Import Excel: "Access Violation" error when trying to import from file open in Excel.
- FIXED: Sites menu: Problem with using a field value in the URL if it contained an ampersand ("&") character.
- FIXED: Removed a resource leak when converting old database.
- Various other fixes and enhancements.
|Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 pm
|| Page 1 of 1
|| [ 1 post ]
All times are UTC [ DST ]
||You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum