SoftCAT version 5.20 is now available for download
. This is a free upgrade to users of version 5.
Changes in version 5.20:
- Updated the layout of all explorer templates.
- Updated and fine-tuned all standard reports.
- Print List: Various enhancements to layout of generated report.
- Updated to latest version of the report engine.
- Report: Added a 'Prevent orphans' setting for groups. When this setting is activated, group headers that would appear at the bottom of a page without corresponding detail, will be moved to the top of the next page. Group footers that would print alone at the top of a page, will have the last detail of the prior page moved to the top of the page, followed by the group footer.
- Report: Added an outline list in the 'Print Preview' window. This list shows the values of the first report group, and allows you to quickly go to a specific page.
- Report: Printing to PDF creates smaller PDF files (better image compression).
- Report: Better quality output when printing to HTML. All report pages are now generated in one single HTML file.
- Report: More accurate positioning of report objects when printing to MS Word file.
- Report: Print to File: Better support for printing to Excel files. No longer "Excel found unreadable content" error when opening file in Excel 2007/10.
- Report: Added a "If empty" property for memo fields.
- Quick Search: Now searches image filename, image notes, file links and web links.
- Lookup View: Show Programs command will now show programs linked to *all* selected lookup records.
- Pressing F1 will open help file in Report Designer and Form Designer.
- FIXED: Error when sorting on the New Program field.
- FIXED: Print List: Width of last column not set correctly when 'Adjust columns to fit page width' was selected.
- FIXED: Report: Problem setting width of text labels from Properties window.
- FIXED: Report: Selected font not always used when printing a DBXsl field ("Times Roman" used instead).
- FIXED: Search: Show Previous/Next commands did not work if quick search was active.
- FIXED: Problem with dates if date separator was set to space in Windows Control Panel.
- FIXED: Problem with TWAIN image scanning if more than 3 scanner devices installed.
- FIXED: The system tray launcher app was unable to find the database if database was located outside the default database folder.
- Fixed a couple of typos in the sample database.
- Various other fixes and enhancements.