First let me say that I love SoftCat. I have been using it for some time now.
If I might be so bold as to make a few suggestions.
1. The ability to split the database in to sections. Export selected entries to a new database.
EXAMPLE: I have 10,000 entries in Softcat. I would like to sort the database by Type ( freeware, shareware etc) then Split the database, so that I have a separate database just for freeware. To do this manually is not very practical. It would take a long time to delete all the entries I didn't want to use. Plus the database is being updated all the time. So it's out of the question to do this manually each time I want to share a database.
2. The ability to import another database done with Softcat.
EXAMPLE: A friend of mine has a Softcat made database I would like to be able to add it to my own. To do this manually would require a long time and a vast amount of clicking.
3. A field to put the file size of a program. I currently use the Purchase Location field.
4. A field to put in the original download file name. I rename my downloads to what the program is. It would be nice if there was a field for the original file name. I currently use the Publisher field.
5. The ability to delete and entry by pressing the delete key. Or some other key combination.
I understand that this is a free program. I understand that you spend a lot of time on your shareware programs. It is however one of the best programs that I have found. I would even pay for a Pro version if the first two suggestions were added.
Thank you for making the program in the first place.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum