SoftCAT version 5.10 is now available for download
. This is a free upgrade to users of version 5.
If you already have version 5.01 installed, you can download the smaller update
Changes in version 5.10:
- Added a new "Welcome" panel that will appear the first time the program is run (also displayed when you close the open database).
- You can now automatically organize external image files into a folder structure and filename format of your choice based on information in the database. To use this feature, choose 'Auto-Organize Image Files' from the Tools menu.
- The folder and filename setup used by the 'Auto-Organize Image Files' function is also automatically used if you have chosen to link to external image files: When you when you paste an image into the image field or drag an image from the web browser, and when you use the 'Extract images' feature. To edit this setup, choose Tools=>Options=>Multimedia, then click the 'Images/Filename setup' button.
- If SoftCAT is unable to locate external image files because you have moved the files, you can use the new 'Locate Missing Image Files' function available on the Tools menu. This will scan the specified drive/folder and attempt to locate the missing image files.
- Updated the 'Extract images', 'Load external images' and 'Cleanup image folder' functions to support the new features.
- Data Entry: Image: Removed the two separate "Load Image" and "Link to Image" buttons. Instead there is now one button that will use the 'Store images in database/Link to image files" setting (you can now also right-click the image control to change this setting).
- Data Entry: Image: Now possible to manually rename the external image file from the data entry window.
- Data Entry: Image: Added Paste and Resize buttons below the field.
- Data Entry: Image: Added a Center property (changeable from the Form Designer). When this is checked, the image is centered within the control (this is now the default behavior).
- Data Entry: Image: You can now change the background color.
- Data Entry: Use Default Layout: Will now automatically remove fields that are hidden.
- Data Entry: The Clone command is now available on the browse list right-click popup menu.
Edit Memo: Insert hyperlink: You can now add links to files and folders.
- Explorer: Index: On the statistics page, removed the labels to the right of the chart.
- Report: Added a new book report grouped by Primary Category.
- Export XML: The "auto-organize" filename pattern is now used when exporting images.
- Export XML: External images now copied to the export folder.
- Database Maintenance: Update Path: A progress dialog with a Cancel button is now displayed.
- Database Maintenance: Status information displayed on the statusbar when using the 'Extract images', 'Load external images' and 'Cleanup image folder' commands.
- Export: Added a 'Open file' button in all export windows. This will open the last file you exported data to.
- HTML Export: Index based setup: The name of the entry selected in the left pane is now displayed at the top of the list page.
- HTML Export: Index based setup: The height of the top pane is now automatically increased when specifying an export title.
- HTML Export: Removed some space after the list page title.
- HTML Export: All temporary .xsl and .css files are now always deleted when the Export window closes.
- HTML Export: Added a 'External CSS files' option. Activate this to store CSS formatting in external files, and share the same CSS file by all generated html files (one file for each page type: index, overview list, list and detail). If this option is not activated, all CSS formatting is stored in the HTML files.
- Import: When importing links to files (file links and image files), SoftCAT will now look for the file in the import folder if folder is not specified.
- XML: Memo fields: The unformatted plain text is now always included in the xml data file (for example "<Notes_PlainText>").
- Updated the internal XML engine resulting in better performance.
- Updated the "Working with reports" section in help file. Various other changes.
- FIXED: Grid: Row not selected when right-clicking in browse list.
- FIXED: Password: Problem turning off 'Login without password' setting.
- FIXED: Explorer: Error in preview pane if a memo field contained a control character.
- FIXED: Explorer: Images pasted from a Word document into a memo field would sometimes not display in the explorer.
- FIXED: Search: Problem searching for "#" when using the "Begins with" and "Contains" operators.
- FIXED: Import Excel: "Access Violation" error when trying to import from file open in Excel.
- FIXED: HTML Export: Not possible to change the export title of a code based setup.
- FIXED: HTML Export: Problem with upper and lower case characters mixed up in top menu in an index based setup.
- FIXED: HTML Export: Program sometimes listed multiple times if filtering on two (or more) fields with the OR operator in an index based setup.
- FIXED: Removed a resource leak when converting old database.
- Various other fixes and enhancements.