Tracks with index

General CATraxx discussion/support.

Tracks with index

Postby bjohan » Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:24 pm

It looks to me - who am a fairly new user of CATraxx - that tracks with indexes is not handled by CATraxx.

Have I overlooked something?

If yes, where is info to be found?

If no, how can I treat these indexes in a good way?
bjohan

Further Info needed...

Postby mdb175 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:16 pm

Ciao bjohan ;)
It looks to me - who am a fairly new user of CATraxx - that tracks with indexes is not handled by CATraxx. Have I overlooked something?
If yes, where is info to be found? If no, how can I treat these indexes in a good way?

Please explain further...What do you exactly mean with " tracks with indexes " ?

Thanks in advance & have a great week !
The Hole Studio ® Mario Del Buono | e-mail: please Press the email button below.
mdb175

Postby bjohan » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:27 pm

Some CD's - primarily older ones fron the 80's or early 90's - did have a structure where tracks with long duration had indexes. For instance an opera on one - or more CD's - could have each part on a single track, but this long track had a number of indexes locating the various arias and choruses.

Relatively few CD players supported this concept, and that may be a good reason to the decreasing numbers of such CD's today.

However, one of my CD-players can cope with these indexes, so it is of some interest to me to be able to register these indexex.

I hope this short explanation can clarify the reason behind my questions.
bjohan

Postby FredrikN » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:21 pm

bjohan wrote:Some CD's - primarily older ones fron the 80's or early 90's - did have a structure where tracks with long duration had indexes. For instance an opera on one - or more CD's - could have each part on a single track, but this long track had a number of indexes locating the various arias and choruses.

Relatively few CD players supported this concept, and that may be a good reason to the decreasing numbers of such CD's today.

However, one of my CD-players can cope with these indexes, so it is of some interest to me to be able to register these indexex.

I hope this short explanation can clarify the reason behind my questions.

This is not supported. You could use the Subtitles field to name the various parts of a track, but it is not possible to select such a subtitle in the cd player.
FredrikN
Site Admin

Postby bjohan » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:35 pm

Is it possible to associate any other info than a name to such a subtitle?
bjohan

Postby FredrikN » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:50 am

bjohan wrote:Is it possible to associate any other info than a name to such a subtitle?

No, this is not possible.
FredrikN
Site Admin

Return to Using CATraxx