CATraxx is a powerful
music collector database program for Windows which will help
you catalog a music collection of any kind, from vinyl records to CDs to MP3s.
Automatically download CD data from the Internet, or scan your hard drive for
audio files. A comprehensive set a data fields enables you to keep track of a
wide range of information. With CATraxx, you are in total control of your music
- Enjoy a fully organized music collection.
- Play your music – easily find songs to play.
- Automatically manage your audio files.
- Always know exactly where your music is located.
- No more will you end up buying duplicates.
- Keep track of who borrowed what – never lose a CD again.
- Keep accurate insurance records.
Features and benefits
- No need to use two separate programs to manage both your CD collection and
your audio files. With CATraxx you can catalog all media types, including CDs, LPs,
cassettes, mini discs, and audio files.
download CD data from the CDDB database
– no typing.
- Scan your hard drive for audio files (MP3, WMA, OGG,
FLAC and more) and
automatically add them to your database – no typing.
- Powerful explorer module that allows you to
search and browse your database in a
familiar browser interface.
- Multiple customizable data views allowing you to easily
locate and edit data.
- Multiple databases: Create as many separate databases as you like. Transfer
information between databases.
- Store information about an (almost)
unlimited number of albums, as well as the
individual tracks on each album.
- Comprehensive set of data fields enabling you to catalog a wide range of
information: artist, album title, media format, release year, label, catalog
number, purchase price, current value, music genre, playing time, song titles,
songwriters, producers, recording studios, musicians and instruments.
- More than 70 custom data fields (in case we have missed something).
- Multiple artists: Register multiple artists on both albums and tracks –
including customizable artist roles (“feat.”, “vs.”, “with”, etc).
- Save time by using
lookup tables: Register information such as artist,
songwriter, musician, label and group lineup only once. The use of lookup tables
will ensure that data is not duplicated.
- Store album covers, as well as
pictures of artists.
- Add song lyrics (fully searchable) for individual tracks.
- Store artist profiles,
- Add personal notes for albums and individual tracks, as well as artists.
- Rate your music: Assign your own personal rating to albums and individual
tracks, as well as artists. Let the audio player automatically
- The auto-complete feature makes data entry a breeze!
Start typing and CATraxx will automatically complete the
text based on data in the relevant lookup table.
- Text formatting: All memo fields (Notes, Reviews, Lyrics, etc.) support
text formatting (different fonts, font sizes, font styles, colors, bullet lists
and tables). You can also insert images and hyperlinks.
- Add links to external files (this could be Word documents, HTML files, video
files, etc.) from albums, tracks or artists.
- Add links to web sites
from albums, tracks or artists.
- Password protect your database
so only you can log in. Create a
guest account: A guest will not be
able to add, edit or delete any information in the database.
- Play music: CATraxx has its own audio
player closely tied to the database
that will keep a detailed log of all the
music you play.
- Built-in support for 11 audio file formats: aac, ape, flac, mp3, mp4, m4b,
mpc, ogg, shn, wav and wma.
- Create playlists by either manually selecting tracks, or let CATraxx pick the
songs based on your criteria.
- Surprise: Let the CATraxx Audio Player
pick albums or songs
at random – this
- Auto-organize your audio files into a folder structure and filename format of
your choice based on information in the database (artist, album title, track
index, song title, etc.). Let CATraxx do all the hard work!
- Tagging: Let CATraxx automatically
update audio file tags as you edit data in
your database, or tell CATraxx to update the tags at a specific time.
- Easily attach ripped audio files to albums already in the database.
- Adapt the program to your own needs: Change the data field names to suit your
personal preferences. Hide data fields you don't need. Set default field values.
- Set up your own
media formats and
- Use the Form Designer to redesign the field layout in all data entry windows.
- Customize the browse lists: Create
multiple list layouts and quickly switch
between them, add columns and
set column properties (font, font style, color,
- Customize the explorer layout by editing the xsl template files.
- Set up your own customized data views
(a combination of list layout, sort
order, filter and grouping).
Searching and Reporting
- Find information quickly: Search in all fields with any combination of key
words and operators. Save your most frequently used searches and filters.
- Search for a specific word or number
and replace it with another.
- Sort data by any field with up to
five sort levels.
- Display data in folders grouped by any field.
- Quickly print lists of your albums and tracks.
- Create your own reports with exactly the layout you want, or use one of the
more than 100 pre-defined reports. You have full control of data fields, groups,
sort order, columns, fonts, colors, paper size, margins and print orientation.
- Preview reports on screen before printing. Save reports in
virtually any file format: PDF, Excel, HTML, JPEG, Rich Text
Format, plain text or Word.
- Link to web sites from the Sites menu, an album, a track or an artist record.
- Keep track of albums on loan. Check the program periodically to see what is
still out on loan. You will always know who has what and since when. Track
borrow date, due date and return date.
- Export a list of your CDs to the notes section on your
- Export data to HTML and publish your collection on the Internet.
to Excel, XML and text files to bring the information into
- Analyze your collection
in a variety of ways with the powerful
- Backup your valuable data either
- Microsoft Access database format. Offers you an alternative way to view and
search your database.
- Comprehensive help system: Task based help, full keyword search, and context
sensitive help in all windows.
download the fully functional evaluation version right now?
your own copy so you can start organizing your own collection today?
CATraxx by keyword
Audio CD Database
Catalog Your CDs
CD Catalogue Database
CD Catalogue Software
CD Collection Manager
CD Collector Software
CD Database Software
CD Inventory Software
CD Music Software
CD Organizer Software
MP3 Database Software
MP3 Library Software
MP3 Manager Software
Music Library Management Software
Organize Music Library
- Windows 7/Vista/XP
- 1 GHz processor or better
- 1 GB memory
- 40 MB available hard-disk space
- Minimum 1024x768 screen resolution
Spread the word:
Share on Facebook